A Meaningful Encounter with the Amber Republic
July 2 – 11, 2019
Click HERE to download information to print and share.
Are you open to being surprised by the Father’s plan? This is precisely what has happened to hundreds of people when they visited Latvia with Bridge Builders International.
What better way to invest ten days than to meet new friends, see splendid places, worship, relive history, savor delicious cuisine and enjoy world-class music and art! And what’s more – you will get to know the BBI family…our missionaries, Latvian staff and the Eagle’s Wings Camp team
BBI invites YOU to journey to the Baltic Republic of Latvia!
- Worship, Sing and Stroll through the Hill of the Crosses in Lithuania.
- Worship in a Riga church on Sunday.
- Pray with BBI team members throughout the week.
- Enjoy a fascinating walking tour of Riga’s Old Town founded in 1201, led by BBI President, Charles Kelley.
- See World-class Art at the National Art Museum, the Latvian Academy of Art, fine galleries and BBI’s Secret Double Exhibition.
- Visit Riga’s Motor Museum’s fascinating collection of historic cars that were owned by Stalin, Molotov, Khrushchev, Brezhnev and Dr. Porsche.
- Tour the magnificent Rundale Palace, not far from the Hill of the Crosses in Lithuania.
- Eat at Latvia’s famous Lido Restaurant.
- Learn the incredible story of the history of Latvia presented by Chuck.
- Explore the Open-Air Ethnographic Museum which includes more than 120 rural buildings: farmsteads, craftsmen houses, windmills, churches and taverns from the 16th-19th centuries.
- Visit the Museum of the Occupation of Latvia depicting 50 years of Soviet and Nazi rule.
- Visit the Holocaust Museum in the Jewish Ghetto and the Zhanis Lipke Museum, featuring a Latvian hero who hid and saved many Jews during the Nazi occupation.
- Solemnly walk through the Salaspils Concentration Camp and the Rumbula Holocaust Memorial where thousands of Jews and others suffered and perished.
- Escape to the Baltic Sea in Jurmala to swim, relax or stroll a wonderful walking street. You can hunt for amber pieces in the sand.
- Enjoy open-air concerts in city squares, parks and outdoor cafes.
- Shop at Riga’s Central Market, housed in five giant halls that were originally built as Zeppelin hangars. It is Europe’s largest market.
- Take a dinner cruise on the Daugava River. The view is spectacular.
Experience the BBI Community
- Meet the entire BBI family and learn what we are doing in and for Latvia.
- Visit Eagle’s Wings Camp and adjacent sheep farm and savor a lakeside BBQ.
- Devour Chuck’s famous made-to-order omelets at the BBI party.
- Tuesday, July 2 – Depart from US City.
- Wednesday, July 3 – Arrive in Riga; walking tours.
- Thursday, July 4 – Overview of Latvian history; Occupation and Holocaust Museums; US embassy picnic for American citizens.
- Friday, July 5 – Excursion to Rundale Palace and the Hill of the Crosses.
- Saturday, July 6 – Overview of Latvian culture; Open-Air Ethnographic Museum; evening cruise on the Daugava River.
- Sunday, July 7 – Worship in a Riga church; afternoon and evening in Jurmala.
- Monday, July 8 – Eagle’s Wings Camp in Eastern Latvia; lakeside BBQ.
- Tuesday, July 9 – Free day. Chuck will lead walking tours. Golf is a possibility (clubs can be rented)
- Wednesday, July 10 – Art tour, omelet luncheon at BBI’s headquarters with BBI’s full team; evening concert.
- Thursday, July 11 – Depart from Riga and arrive back in the US the same day.
Schedule is subject to change and free time is built in.
Cost and Reservations
- The cost per person is $2,000, for double occupancy room and $2,200 for single occupancy room in the 4-star Wellton Riga Hotel & Spa located in Old Town Riga. This includes hotel, breakfast, admissions to all events, ground transportation and most meals.
- Airfare not included. Travelers should book their own airline tickets. BBI strongly recommends securing Travel Insurance. If you need assistance, contact our travel agent Amy Castleberry at Canyon Creek Travel – 214-728-0158 or via email: email@example.com. This trip is an expression of BBI’s mission and may qualify for a federal tax deduction. See your CPA for advice.
- Sign-up and deposit due by March 1, 2019. Your place can be secured with a non- refundable $500 deposit per person.
- Deposit can be made Securely On-Line or by contacting BBI’s Vice President, Naomi Strauser 541-602-6968 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Final Balance due by May 15, 2019.
Now, wouldn’t you like to come and Experience Latvia with us?